- Steak (I used a bone-in ribeye steak)
- A Bunch of Asparagus
- Garlic Powder
- Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 of a Lemon
- Olive Oil
( I am going to explain the process, but if you would just like the recipe scroll to the bottom)
While your steak is resting preheat your oven to 400° F and rinse your vegetables. Cut your mushrooms into medium size slices-- remember they cook down.
Season it however you would like... I love salt, pepper and garlic powder when I have no steak seasoning on hand. My two favorite steak seasonings are McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. If you want more of a peppery steak go with Montreal Seasoning, if you want more flavor and salt, go with Lawry's. Simple, right?
You can cook your steak in any pan you have, just make sure you are using medium heat, anything higher can ruin your cookware. To check if your pan is hot and ready, get your hands wet and flick water in it. If the water droplets ball up, it's ready.
Add (a tablespoon of) butter and place your steak in the pan. For medium-rare cook for approx. 6 minutes on each size. Some people use the firmness of the steak to tell the temperature, but that isn't something you learn overnight. My dad, steak cooking expert, taught me that when the outside looks delicious it's usually done. He also is a firm believer in you can cook it more, but you cannot cook it less.
I like my mushrooms cooked, but not to the point where they look dark brown and shriveled. I would pull them off at this nice soft golden brown.
30 Minute Steak Dinner
- 2 steaks (I used bone-in ribeye steak)
- A bunch of asparagus
- garlic powder
- steak seasoning
- 1/2 of a lemon
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Let steak come to room temperature and pat dry.
- Rinse vegetables and dry. Slice mushrooms.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a cooking sheet. Toss asparagus in oil mixture and cook in the oven for 20 min.
- Season steak to taste. Cook with butter in a pan, over medium heat, for 6 min on each side.
- Wrap steak in foil and let rest.
- Cook mushrooms in steak pan with the juices, add butter if needed.