Meet Andie O.
Enjoy this recipe for homemade almond milk three ways!
Making Almond Milk
> One Cup Raw Almonds
> Four Cups of Water (You will use 2 cups at a time)
> Measuring Cups
> Blender or Food Processor
> Cheesecloth or Nut Bag
1. Add one cup of raw almonds to a bowl
2. Pour two cups of water into the bowl. Be sure the almonds are fully submerged.
3. Let almonds soak for 8 hours. (You can leave them in the water overnight)
4. Drain out all the old water from your bowl.
5. Rinse the almonds throughly and add 2 new cups of water.
6. Pour almonds and water into a blender or a food processor.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Pour almond mixture into a cheesecloth or nut bag. (You may have to do this in batches)
9. Squeeze all the milk into a clean pitcher or container.
Tip: You can keep the almond meal and use it for baking and lots of other recipes. Dry it out to help it last by baking in the oven.
10. Let almond milk chill to enjoy!
Strawberry Flavored Almond Milk
> 1 Cup Strawberries
> 1/2 Cup Sugar
> 1 Cup Water
Rinse and cut 1 cup of strawberries.
Measure out a 1/2 cup of sugar.
Combine sugar and strawberries with one cup of water on a stove top and bring to a boil. Let the mixture boil softly for 10-15 minutes.
Pour mixture into a bowl, straining out strawberries and seeds with a fine sieve.
Allow syrup to cool before using.
Tip: You can also use this sauce or the cooked strawberries in soda's, on pancakes, waffles or even on some cookies!
Add desired amount of syrup to your glass of almond milk.
Chocolate Almond Milk
> 4 Tablespoons Chopped Dark Chocolate
> Drop of Vanilla
> 1 Tablespoon Water
Chop up a dark chocolate bar until you have four tablespoons worth.
Combine chocolate in a small pot over medium-low heat with one tablespoon of water and a drop of vanilla. Stir continuously until melted.
Allow chocolate to cool slightly and add desired amount to your chilled glass of almond milk.
Tip: You can use the melted chocolate to dip fruit or pretzels in, drizzle on cookies or lick it straight off the spoon. There is no wrong way to enjoy it.
Vanilla Almond Milk
> 1/2 Cup Water
> 1/2 Cup Sugar
> 1 teaspoon Vanilla
> 1 teaspoon Honey
Combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla on a stovetop.
Bring water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil softly for a few minutes to allow flavors to combine and be sure all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in one teaspoon of honey if desired.
Once the syrup has cooled add to the a chilled glass of almond milk.
Tip: This syrup is delicious in coffee as well.